Saturday, October 13, 2012

Setting Realistic Goals

Gosh I find that I hate making that yearly resolution list.  Why because I really hate to not keep my word and I know that if I make some commitment that I will kill myself trying to fulfill it or totally fail and feel like a loser, does that make any sense?  I can be really hard on myself.  So a realistic goal, is a goal in itself.  Life is so busy and next to keeping up my blog I want to keep up my garden.  The desk I sit at and type away on my computer is at the farthest corner of my house so I have two windows at each corner that looks out into my backyard.  Having something beautiful to look at is critical to staying creative for me, so here goes.

1.        Keep my jasmine on the fence and in the retaining wall clipped.

2.        Paint that metal bench again because baby blue is not doing it for me.

3.       Move one of those Crepe Myrtle plants because two next to each other looks dumb.

4.       Finish my cat feeding table mosaic.

This seems to be a realistic goal for me.  I can always add more!  Pictured below is one of my recent projects.  I found this lovely little bird bath in Sonoma, at Plain Janes Consignment Shop, and found it was too low to the ground to be a bird bath because of my six cats.  So, one day it hit me … it would make a beautiful planter.  I had my husband drill a few holes in the bottom, and I added pebbles and some charcoal and some potting soil and due to the heat in my area I chose succulents.  I think it came out quite beautiful, what do you think?
 
 
 

3 comments:

Mary C. Nasser said...

Great realistic and attainable goals!
Your project is absolutely gorgeous, too! :)

Wishing you all the best,
Mary (from BYW Bootcamp)

Z - said...

Thanks for the comment!!!!!!

Travel With Lulu said...

Love your planter with the succulents :) And yes, working on my own achievable goals as well XOLaura (via BYW)