Monday, March 10, 2008

Nothing is Cheap and Easy in the Remodeling World

Okay so this weekend we were supposed to revamp my sewing room. It started out innocently enough, I got this fabulous chandelier that I had Greg spray paint black for me. I suck at spray painting - and I'm Puerto Rican what's up with that? So we put it up and it made the dirty old popcorn ceiling look even more disgusting than it did to begin with. Since it was the last room in the house with a popcorn ceiling I asked Greg if he would please take it down. I pretty much emptied the room leaving only the large pieces of furniture, I have SO MUCH CRAP in there, but I NEED it all of course! Greg starts to take down the popcorn which comes off pretty easily till he gets to the very last corner and voila, finds more the damage done by our termite infestation a few years back. These horrible, nasty little bugs ate the paper off the sheet rock under the popcorn. Once the popcorn was off all you could see were these tiny little highways! After consulting a few experts hubby was off to Home Depot to buy sheet rock to cover up the whole ceiling, which is supposed to be better than taking down the whole old ceiling and putting up a new one. I lost a half an inch in ceiling height which is a big deal when you live with 8' ceilings. Why can't things ever be easy?


No comments: